The Rural Small Business Operating Credit Guarantee (RSB) program provides guarantees on lines of credit from participating lending institutions. Loans can be used to purchase inventory, finance receivables and cover the costs of most other common day-to-day business expenses.
Access to operating credit with reasonable terms and conditions is essential for rural small businesses to succeed and prosper. The Rural Small Bsuiness Operating Credit Guarantee (RSB) provides more credit opportunities, helps strengthen rural economies and attract greater diveresity to rural communities across Manitoba.
The RSB provides a guarantee on operating lines of credit, from private lenders, for small rural businesses.
- The program is available to businesses located in Manitoba, outside of Winnipeg.
- Small businesses with $2 million or less in annual income/sales are eligible.
- Operating loans are made to owners/operators and may be used for the purchase of inventory, financing of receivables, general operating expenses, and current year's principal and interest payments on business loans identified at time of application.
- Businesses not eligible include: insurance, real estate, financial, professional and consulting services, restaurants, those engaged in primary harvesting of resources, or primary agriculture.
Terms and Conditions
- RSB is available on operating loans up to $200,000.
- The interest rate charged by the lender cannot exceed the commercial prime rate plus 2%.
- Applicants must have 20% equity in the business.
How to Apply
- Applicants must contact a participating lender or call the RSB program specialist (toll-free) at 1-800-282-8069 (ext. 2180) or in Headingley at 945-2180.
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation
1 - 5290 Monterey Road
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 1J9