The CSB program targets Manitoba entrepreneurs and businesses seeking to develop and commercialize innovative products, processes, and expand into new markets outside of Manitoba.
This Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSB) helps Manitoba continue to move forward by supporting product and process commercialization and business development in all sectors and all regions of the province. This program will help entrepreneurs every step of the way at every stage of the business lifecycle. The CSB program targets Manitoba entrepreneurs and businesses seeking to develop and commercialize innovative products, processes, and expand into new markets outside of Manitoba. The objectives of the program are to:
- commercialize innovative products or processes
- leverage private sector investment
- create economic growth
- create jobs
- grow exports
The CSB provides financial assistance to cost share eligible expenses on a 50/50 basis. The Government of Manitoba’s total contribution will not exceed 50 percent of approved costs. Total government support from all levels of government (federal, provincial, municipal), including tax rebates, cannot exceed 50 percent of total costs. Depending on the nature of the project, companies which qualify for assistance under other Manitoba financial assistance programs are required to apply under those programs first.
- individuals (sole proprietors)
business entities – For-profit Canadian Controlled Private Corporations, business co-operatives, partnerships, joint-ventures (both corporate or individual), that had:
- for the immediately preceding calendar year, less than 50 full-time equivalent employees.
- gross revenue of the corporation and its affiliates (determined on a consolidated basis, where applicable) for the most recently completed fiscal period is less than $15,000,000.
- at least 25 percent of the full-time equivalent employees of the corporation and its affiliates reside in Manitoba.
Commercialization Support for Business includes:
- Stream 1 – Product Development (Max up to $50,000) – Funding targets market validation studies that include third party verification of the core results, registration of intellectual property, construction of a working prototype or finished good and obtaining product certification.
- Stream 2 – Commercialization (Max up to $250,000) – Funding targets ventures moving from prototype to a market-ready product.
- Stream 3 – Market Development (Max up to $30,000) – Funding targets ventures who engage in activities that will enable them to enter new markets outside of Manitoba