The Waste Reduction and Pollution Prevention (WRAPP) Fund supports projects focusing on waste reduction, pollution prevention, and innovative integrated waste management practices.
The Waste Reduction and Pollution Prevention (WRAPP) Fund supports projects focusing on waste reduction, pollution prevention, and innovative integrated waste management practices. Applications are accepted three times per year: by the 15th of April, June and October. The maximum grant per individual project is $25,000.
Priority areas are:
- organic waste management and composting
- construction and demolition waste management
- pollution prevention
- model integrated waste management system development and planning
- Municipal corporations, Northern Affairs and First Nation communities, private and non-profit organizations and businesses, education institutions and community groups are eligible to submit project proposals.
Grant funds are available for Manitoba-based projects that will:
- demonstrate and promote the environmental and economic benefits of reducing or preventing waste
- showcase local efforts to minimize waste that can be transferred to other communities and regions in Manitoba
- result in sustainable waste diversion or reduction activities with measurable results
- demonstrate innovative approaches to integrated waste management systems using proven technologies
Manitoba Sustainable Development
160 – 123 Main Street, Box 40
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1A5
Toll free: 1-800-282-8069 ext. 4717