The Community Futures Program was created to strengthen rural economies by enabling entrepreneurship and assisting in community economic development.
Community Futures Program (NGO)
Community Futures Manitoba Inc.
Community Futures operates across rural and northern Canada as a grassroots-driven program created to strengthen rural economies by enabling entrepreneurship and assisting in community economic development. There are 16 Community Futures organizations (CFs) established throughout rural and northern Manitoba. The Community Futures program is supported by Western Economic Diversification Canada.
Type of Assistance
CFs support the local economic development process by creating or maintaining employment through providing area entrepreneurs with the following assistance:
One-to-One Business Consultation
- If you are planning to start a business or already have a business, we can help. We can meet with you to discuss your business needs.
Business Plan Development
- We can assist you with creating your business plan.
- We can direct you to available resources and business training within our offices or in the community.
Access to Repayable Loans for Viable Businesses
- Community Futures organizations are a source for small and medium sized business loans. Loans up to $150,000 are available for viable businesses.
CFs further work with communities and their agencies and organizations to:
- develop long-term community economic development strategies and plans
- co-ordinate resources to implement development plans
- support and encourage entrepreneurship and rural economic diversification
To find a local Community Futures office contact:
Western Economic Diversification Canada
712 – 240 Graham Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0J7
Toll free: 1-888-338-9378