Before you take the first step, take time to find out if you are well suited to being an entrepreneur and to learn about your chances of success.
Am I an Entrepreneur?
Starting your own business can be exciting and rewarding. It can give you the freedom that you have always dreamed of. Before you take the first step, take some time to find out if you are well suited to being an entrepreneur and to learn about your chances of success.
An ideal entrepreneur should be:
- A hard worker
- A risk-taker
- Flexible and adaptable
- A problem-solver
- An innovative thinker
How do I know if Entrepreneurship is Right for Me?
If you are wondering if you fit the characteristics of an entrepreneur, try the following:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs and gain insights into how they started their own businesses.
- You can take the BDC's entrepreneurial potential self-assessment quiz to help measure your skills.
For more information on entrepreneurship, try the following articles:
- Provincial Nominee Program for Business (Manitoba) Are you interested in moving to Manitoba to start your own business? Learn about expediting your immigration to Manitoba while starting your own business.
- Young Farmer Nominee Program (Manitoba) Are you interested in immigrating to Manitoba to start a farm venture? Learn about the accelerated immigration process.
- Why consider entrepreneurship? Read about the benefits of being your own boss.