The Women's Enterprise Centre of Manitoba provides extensive, practical, results-oriented services such as loans, business advice, seminars, referrals and networking opportunities for Manitoba women.
The Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping entrepreneurial women address the unique challenges facing them as they build their businesses. The centre provides extensive, practical, results-oriented services such as loans, business advice, seminars, referrals and networking opportunities for Manitoba women.
- loans (start-up, business purchase, expansion)
- business advice
- business seminars and workshops
- networking opportunities
- directory of women-owned businesses
- peer mentorship program and strategic financial management skill development sessions for growth oriented entrepreneurs
Loans are available to start, expand or purchase Manitoba businesses that have the potential to create jobs and economic growth.
- a business that operates in Manitoba
- a business plan
- applicants can be either sole proprietors, partnerships or incorporations that are 50 per cent or more women-owned and controlled
Terms and Conditions
- Terms, equity and security requirements are flexible. Maximum term is five years.
- There is no minimum loan size. Maximum loan size is $150,000.
- Expansion loans are provided at a preferred interest rate for eligible established entrepreneurs.
There is no cost to apply and no monthly administrative fees. Approved borrowers will pay a small fee to cover disbursements, registration fees, etc.
How to Apply
A business plan is required. Business advisors and training seminars are available at the Centre to help you develop your business plan. Loan application forms are completed once the business plan is complete.
Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba
100 – 207 Donald St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1M5
Toll free: 1-800-203-2343