Under this program, approved applicants are eligible for a grant of up to $4,000 to help cover some business start-up costs and capital expenditures.
The Young Entrepreneurs Program encourages young Manitobans to start their own full-time business and pursue self-employment as a career choice.
The program will provide a contribution of up to $4,000 based on 50 percent of start-up costs. A comprehensive business plan is required and completion of the Business Planning Workshop is mandatory for most Young Entrepreneur Program applicants.
You are eligible to apply for program assistance provided you are:
- 18 to 29 years of age
- prepared to work at the business on a full-time basis (minimum 30 hours per week) and not employed full-time elsewhere
- not a full-time student or planning to return to school
- engaging in a Manitoba-based business that operates year-round (seasonal ventures are not eligible) and is permanent in nature
- must be Canadian citizens or have received landed immigrant status
- must attend a three-day Business Planning Workshop (depending on the location of your residence). Some applicants may be exempt if able to demonstrate past attendance at similar business training.
For more information, including how to apply, please visit the Young Entrepreneurs Progam webpage.
Manitoba Education and Training